Choose a category
Freedom of information
Transport & Shipping
This list is not exhaustive. If you have a searchable directory you would like to see added, please send an email to . Also try some of the links in the organisations page or by other topics, e.g. science, health, education, as these will provide further avenues to try.
- Working journalists can send email requests for comment/opinions to XpertNet at Macquarie University. This is an email service only - the email address is email@example.com . Requests will be circulated to all Australian universities. The service can also be contacted by telephone: + 61 2 9850 7456 or + 61 (0)408 168918.
- Find Australian experts from universities, research centres,
institutes and other organisations at expertguide.
- The AVCC provides links to all Australian universities, many of which have searchable lists of staff expertise. The DEST also has information on higher education providers.
- Find more than 130 Australian research centres through the member organisations list at Australian Policy Online or find research organisations, centres and institutes through the Australian Public Intellectual (API) Network.
- Braintrack provides Web links to all colleges and universities worldwide.
- Use specific searchable directories of staff expertise
- The Australian National University
- Central Queensland University
- Griffith University
- Queensland University of Technology
- The University of New South Wales
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of Western Australia
- Massey University (NZ) Expertise Directory
- Try some of the Member organisations of the Federation of Australian Scientific and Technological Societies.
- Find an Australian professional organisation.
- Search the National Professional Engineers Register.
- Search ProfNet, a US central collection-and-distribution point for reporters' queries.
- Expert Search contains details of over 3,000 UK-based experts, expert witnesses and consultants, in over 1,000 areas of expertise.
- Search the Expertise Database of the National Research Council of Canada.
- Use the Experts Lists from GlobalBeat to find contacts on East Asian Security, European Integration and Enlargement, the Middle East, NATO Expansion, Nuclear Weapons & Proliferation, the South Asian Nuclear Crisis and US Defence Policy.
- Search Community of Science for experts.